Financial Systems Manager
Working in Finance and reporting to the Finance Director the role will have responsibility for the maintenance, development and upgrading of the core systems used by the business.
This practice in Wimbledon is independently rated by The Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as one of the leading providers of legal services to the health, social care and social housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm, which is looking fora Financial Systems Manager has over 390 staff including over 230 fee earners across its 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester. The firm acts for over 200 clients, including all forms of NHS provider and commissioner organisations, the Department of Health, the NHSLA, regulatory bodies, charities, independent healthcare providers, housing associations, medical malpractice insurers and defence organisations.
The Financial Systems Manager will be part of the Finance team which is, currently 17 strong. Reporting directly to the Finance Director the key areas of responsibility will be:
- The financial and performance reporting offering in the firm. Working with the business to design, write and test key reports. Reviewing the reports that are currently in place and enhancing the reporting available to the team and the Practice.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and automation within the Finance team and in looking at processes and systems impacting the work and delivery of the Finance team.
- Working with Elite Enterprise (both the system and the organisation) to identify and implement system configuration changes and improvements.
- Responsibility for leading projects and new Finance systems, upgrades of existing Finance systems and implementation of new Finance systems.
- Reviewing current systems' processes and procedures and ensuring they are fit for purpose, robust and scaleable. Contribute to the documentation of processes; ensure all documentation is user friendly. This includes understanding and documenting client and matter structures, rates maintenance, the definition and use of the various fields and key reconciliations and controls.
- Assist in training the department in enhancing their IT and systems knowledge.
You are likely to be a Finance professional with significant experience of Elite Enterprise. You are looking for a role to build on your knowledge and embrace and lead change management. Candidates should ideally have/be:
- At least three years' experience of working with Elite Enterprise and Webview
- A detailed understanding of how the Elite Database Schema is structured
- An expert level of knowledge of SQL, SSRS and XML
- An ability to liaise with and support the communication between the Finance and IT departments
- Comfortable demonstrating and teaching technology concepts to others
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skill
- Highly motivated and disciplined, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of legal technologies a definite plus, in particular exposure to other systems such as ARCs and Whitehill would be advantageous
- A thorough and detailed understanding of key financial terms such as WIP, debtors, disbursements, chargeable and non-chargeable work and how a finance team operates within a professional services firm.
- Project management experience and proven ability in managing financial system projects
- A self-starter with an inquisitive mind and an ability to apply knowledge to new situations and environments
- An ability to sell an idea and to gain buy-in and confidence.
The successful candidate for the Financial Systems Manager role will be rewarded with a basic salary of £60 000 to £70 000 per annum plus benefits.