Account Management Internship - £17K - Tech Start-Up - London
A London based tech start up providing local logistics as a service enabling retailers to offer same day or future date deliveries in one hour time slots, taking the pain out of managing deliveries for retailers by connecting them with local, freelance couriers. The app provides live tracking and state of the art security features to ensure ultimate peace of mind. Having already managed tens of thousands of deliveries, the company works with household name retailers and expanding into new sectors.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,400 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job paying £20,000 - £25,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as an Account Executive Intern to manage retail partner relationships, ensuring partners and customers get the most from the software and service. This is an excellent internship for a graduate seeking to work for a fast growth tech start-up or to develop experience as an Account Manager, both of which are great additions to a recent graduate CV, plus the intention is for this role to convert to a permanent job.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Be a point of contact to a range of retail clients, answering any queries and suggesting potential improvements where possible, all with the aim of managing and furthering business relationships with these clients.
- Be a central point of liaison between the Operations team and retail partners, to translate client requirements to the tech team and find solutions to their problems.
- Alongside the Product Management Team, intelligently and critically analyse delivery data, using it to identify ways to improve the product and customer experience.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to identify new ways of maximizing the value of existing accounts.
- Assist with targeted marketing efforts.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and education?
- Educated to degree level.
- A desire to develop experience as an Account Manager, prior experience or knowledge in Account Management is a bonus.
- Existing knowledge or experience working with Salesforce or a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is preferred, otherwise someone capable of learning their way around intuitive software platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong listening and comfortable liaising with clients over phone and email.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Interested to learn about email marketing campaigns.
What are the perks of interning for this company?
- Develop brilliant commercial work experience and knowledge by working in such a fast-paced business environment.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast growth, exciting start-up disrupting the logistics industry.
- Competitive salaries and ample career progression.