An all encompassing finance role offering an opportunity for someone to get involved with all elements of the line management department, alongside having line manager responsibilities.
The client is a public sector organisation based just outside the centre of Birmingham, offering free parking and an excellent holiday package.
The job will involve overseeing credit control procedures for the organisation, monitoring receipt of income and ensuring invoices are raised. Furthermore, the receipt of all grants must be monitored and accurately recorded, alongside competition of reconciliations for all control accounts. Variance checks for staff must be performed, alongside the preparation of financial reports for review. Weekly payments and purchase orders must be processed and all areas of the budget must be monitored.
The role will also entail line managerial responsibilities of finance assistants; the candidate must lead and motivate them and arrange for necessary training to happen.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a sound knowledge of accounting principles - essentials
- Excellent computer skills, specifically excel - essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - essential
- Outstanding ability to work under pressure and prioritise - essential
- Have the AAT qualification, be part-qualified or equivalent - essential
- Knowledge of PS financial - desirable
- Previous roles having managed a team - desirable
An opportunity for an ambitious candidate to take on significant financial and managerial responsibility, working with a tight knit finance team for a Public Sector organisation that offers an excellent holiday package.