Orka Financial is working with a well known retail business based in Maidenhead to recruit a Financial Analyst, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious part qualified finance professional looking for a varied analytical position. The successful person will gain exposure to some core FP&A activities whilst partnering with non-finance teams in a number of key areas.
• Ownership of the co-ordination of the detailed planning and submission of all UK forecasts and quarterly submissions to the US, including submission of all P&Ls and generation of the review packs for use by Senior Management in business reviews
• Responsible for maintaining all central forecast and actuals files, updating and maintaining historical results and consolidated forecasts
• Ownership of the weekly and monthly business performance analysis and commentary; liaise with other Finance Managers to ensure all inputs are received on time and produce draft report for review by Head of FP&A
• Prepare financial information for reviews/presentations made by the UK Management team and quarterly review material for US Corporate Finance.
• Business partner to non finance ensuring the effective and efficient management of their performance.
• Perform regular review, analytical assessment and challenge of regional and area results vs. forecast/plan, with a view to ensuring cost efficiencies, commercial viability, operational capability and financial/audit controls.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager, Regional Managers and other operational managers in the planning process including annual operating plans, regular re-estimates and long-term forecasts. This will help to ensure there is a working financial knowledge and understanding amongst these business partners.
• Proactively support the UK month end accounting process.
• Involvement in the development of key data and internal reporting tool projects, system upgrades and enhancements.
• Be a part-qualified accountant with excellent Excel skills. Experience with Access, Powerpoint, Oracle and/or Hyperion Enterprise would also be beneficial
• A combination of functional financial experience including planning & analysis, as well as a more traditional corporate finance at an operating level would be useful, as would practical experience in a US owned subsidiary of a public company
• Be extremely well organized, with excellent planning skills. Ability to multi task, reprioritize deadlines and manage workload under pressure
• Have the ability to interpret and present data / information in a visually impactful way
• Be solution focused with a "can do" approach - including the ability to work within a collaborative, challenging and consultative environment
• Have strong communications skills, including the ability to interface effectively with senior staff and be able to explain statistical and financial information to non finance managers
• Good systems knowledge and a desire to improve existing systems, processes and procedures
£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Study support + benefits