Senior Teacher, North London
Role: Senior Teacher
Location: North London
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: up to £37,500 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Our client is a is an independent co-educational day school for young people aged 11 to 18 with mental health problems. They have a team of specialist teachers and teaching assistants who deliver education to all young people at the school.
It is their intention that every student develops the courage, determination and skills as a learner, so they can re-engage confidently with their education on discharge. Our client will liaise with mainstream schools and colleges and each young person has an individualised curriculum plan in each subject area, with progress being closely monitored. The school offers a broad based academic and enrichment curriculum, with specialist teaching spaces, teaching technologies and substantial grounds around their buildings.
Who they are looking to recruit:
Are you ...
- An outstanding practitioner, committed to the best possible outcomes for young people?
- Passionate about influencing educational best practice? Able to engage, inspire and work within a multidisciplinary team of professionals?
- A flexible leader, able to support organisational change and deputise for the day to day leadership of the school when required.
Are you ...
- A qualified teacher and middle leader, with a great track record under Ofsted regulations?
- Experienced with working with young people with social, emotional or mental health problems and possibly used to leading a small team?
The successful candidate will have responsibility for curriculum development and pastoral care, supported by the Head of School and Executive Head Teacher, as well as deputising for the Head of School when necessary. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream or specialist education who are looking for their next step in leadership.