Part Time Senior Secretary
Senior Secretary Real Estate
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: £22,000-£26,000 pro rata part time 3 days - 21 hours - 09:30-17:30
We are seeking a Senior Secretary in the Real Estate time to take responsibility for the efficient running of the client hub. You will be an effective team member and act as workflow supervisor where required on a shared basis with Senior Secretaries. You will ensure urgent work requests are promptly completed or communicated to the appropriate hub team member.
The successful candidate will be a positive professional, able to deliver the highest standards of administrative support, taking both a collaborative or proactive and independent approach as necessary.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on a fast paced and demanding environment and supporting senior stakeholders.
You will be able to deliver exceptional quality of work under tight deadlines. You will have strong experience of working within the Legal sector, energetic and enthusiastic. You will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within a fast moving and changing environment.
This fantastic opportunity is for our client, a global law firm based in Leeds City Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure all work (other than confidential) is directed through the hub
* Ensure all work is undertaken in the correct priority order
* Draw up a plan to share any complex tasks which is time-bound
* Proactively engage with and assist fee earners regarding work requirements and support them to access the hub
* Communicate with fee earners to keep them appraised of a task's status
* Engage in mutual delegation of tasks between hub team members and assist the hub team to meet deadlines
* Ensure clear and concise record keeping relating to tasks undertaken and correct filing of tasks and supporting materials (e.g. email instructions / discussions)
* Follow hub processes and procedures when undertaking tasks
* Collaborate with hub team members on hub processes, procedures and solutions
* Actively participates in hub team meetings
* Developing specialist expertise including preparation of draft legal documents, attending to court filing, organising service of legal documents, expert and witness arrangements and appointments, conducting research at fee earner request, e-billing and client reporting
* Effective use of practice management system (Elite)
* File management
* Diary management
* Document Production
* Assisting with business development
* Play an active role in knowledge sharing with administrative staff to ensure growth and development
* Arrange travel bookings, including flights, taxis, accommodation and rental cars, etc.
* Organising courier deliveries and collections
* Conducting various searches, including company/property searches etc.
* Close and archive files and matters (as per archiving guidelines/policy)
* Other requested secretarial duties
* A proactive learner and sharer of knowledge
* Adopts a strategic and planned approach managing multiple deadlines and on-going work effectively
* Takes initiative and adopts a proactive approach
* Sets on goals and work innovatively to archive them with a focus on performance improvement
* Has impact and influence, building strong relationships across senior stakeholders and colleagues
* Is a cooperative and collaborative team player
* Takes responsibility and ensures the delivery of all appropriate work
* A positive and professional outlook that includes good listening skills, empathy and self-awareness
* Problem solving ability, applying knowledge, judgment and solutions to overcome challenges
Please click to apply or contact Sally Henderson at the Search Consultancy Leeds office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.