UK Financial Controller, 65k, Media, London
Our client, a global media company requires a finance controller to join their team on an interim basis. This role will be responsible for oversight of accounting activities, financial reporting, statutory reporting and internal controls.
Responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure financial reporting is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis
- Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensure consistency in accounting and adherence to US GAAP
- Review monthly P&L with the FP&A team to ensure completeness and accuracy and instruct shared services on any corrections or adjustments to be made
- Review balance sheet variance analyses, rollforward schedules and quarterly/supplemental schedules prepared by shared service
- Overseeing intercompany processes
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll
- Support tax processing (including VAT and WHT)
- Manage the statutory reporting process including engaging with external auditors, preparing statutory adjustments and drafting annual returns.
Candidate Requirements -
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CA or CPA preferred)
- UK GAAP experience, US GAAP also advantageous
- SAP Experience
- Demonstrable understanding of technical accounting competencies.