Role: Sales Manager
Location: Swindon (Based from home with a heavy element of field-sales and trips to London)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 basic salary pa DOE (Genuine OTE: £75,000pa+), plus laptop, tablet, phone etc.
My client is an international technology company, headquartered in San Francisco, which plans to double annual sales over the next 3 years for their market-leading and unique products in the UK, South Africa and North America. It is a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a reputation for providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and support resulting in fast, natural growth through word of mouth and glowing recommendations. Now at a crucial point in their growth, our client is looking to appoint a Sales Manager to concentrate on the UK market and to drive new business sales in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
My client's products are revolutionary in their uniqueness and market-leading in their potential and usability. With a strong foothold already carved in the UK, they are now looking to grow market share with their three existing products as well as the up-coming launch a fourth which will complement and enhance an already enviable reputation. It's difficult to convey the scope of the potential involved in this opportunity but for the right individual, it will be career-changing and rewarding on every conceivable level.
You will be based from your home so you will need an office or quiet space to work from with strong, reliable Wi-Fi in order to communicate with the Head Office in San Francisco as well as clients. You will be expected to makes calls (costs covered) and then visit with prospective and existing clients in order to demonstrate the product's capabilities (on a tablet, provided). You will also need travel to London on a regular basis to meet up with the team (including the technical specialists).
What must you must have to be considered for this opportunity?
- A minimum of 3 years successful and consistent B2B sales experience, ideally in a software or technology-based market (or something very similar such as engineering).
- A proven track record of penetrating target clients at the most senior levels and across multiple sectors.
- The ability to 'land & expand' - to grow and nurture relationships and turn these relationships into stable and long-term revenue streams for the business.
- You must be able to demonstrate an historical ability to network successfully amongst industry peers and potential customers. You will feel totally comfortable at trade shows and industry events and you will know how to promote and raise the profile of an international brand and its products.
- You must understand the value that cutting-edge software brings to companies of all shapes and sizes. You should be tech-savvy but you do not need to understand programming.
- The software products you will be selling are Apps that run on Android and IOS devices. They are deliberately user-friendly and easy to demonstrate to the end-users who are not necessarily technically-minded.
- You must be professional, dynamic, creative, adaptable, driven and have a passion to lead from the front.
- You must be mature and trustworthy. Reporting lines will be directly to the United States (West Coast) and you will need to be self-managing and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
What this opportunity is NOT:
This is a NOT a 'middle of the road' Sales Manager opportunity and this is NOT a software sales job where you will be pushing your products against the competition with no discernible USP's and average products that fade into a blur of mediocrity against their competition.
This opportunity is utterly genuine and unique. The products this company designs and provides to its clients are special and (to a certain extent) peerless. The potential is mind-blowing and I am happy to tell you more about it during a discreet and confidential discussion. In order to initiate that, please submit an up-to-date CV including any major achievements in terms of sales/account management/product launches/marketing etc. I would also like to know your current basic salary, your OTE and your notice period. Any claims of sales figures and new business wins may well be checked and verified before an offer is made and during the referencing procedure so please be truthful in your submissions and make sure that what you quote on you CV will stand up to fair and professional scrutiny.