Design Manager - Rhyl
Clear Sky Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Design Manager for our accomplished, forward thinking client who have offices all over the UK.
Our client's portfolio of developments range from purpose-built cluster flats and studios, to refurbishment projects and mixed-use schemes. Although this key client of Clear Sky's is expanding, they don't forget their traditional values. This company has a known reputation for craftsmanship and for being highly committed to their employees, who they see as the key to their continued growth and success.
This opportunity for an experienced Design Manager is to join their Student Accommodation North and South Division just outside of Rhyl.
The following responsibilities are included in this role:
- Attending internal and external meetings including chairing and taking accurate minutes as necessary, ensuring distribution to relevant parties
- Reviewing design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations
- Reviewing design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution arrived at
- Supporting Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors
- Researching and developing new products for alternative forms of construction
Skills / Experience
- Education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Professional qualification or equivalent qualifications
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Working towards or possessing Chartered Status in Construction
This is a permanent full time position.
Working days and hours are Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am - 3:30pm
• Competitive salary and remuneration package
• Car / Car Allowance
• Cash Paid Health Plan
• 6 month probation period
Please contact Emily at our Caerphilly branch or apply here with your up to date CV.