Quality Systems Engineer
Quality Systems Engineer
Salary on the region of £25K PA
TM Resourcing's Technical Division are currently recruiting on the behalf of our engineering client who manufactures and designs a range of fasteners for wide variety of industries.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Quality Manager or designate: work within a team environment to develop and implement practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting customer requirements. In all aspects of the job, functions in an accurate and efficient manner in order to promote our client's public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Perform duties as defined by the needs of the Quality Assurance Department, including but not limited to the following:
1. Support the ongoing development and refinement of the Quality System. This will include participation in activities related to Internal & External Quality, OHSAS & Environmental systems implementation and Business System Core Teams. Primary role
2. Promotes the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Error Proofing, and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
3. Participate on Cross functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements. Assist in new product launches
4. Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA's (failure mode and effects analysis).
5. Provide leadership and direction in the development of Control Plans for the various product families produced. This includes Prototype, Pre-launch and Production Control Plans consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning Reference Manual.
6. Qualify processes that directly affect quality, including the use of SPC methods, prior to these processes being implemented in regular production. Seek continuous improvement through on-going process control monitoring.
7. Ensure that controlled documents supporting the quality system, as they relate to the quality assurance department, are developed, current and relevant. Maintain quality records that support this activity.
8. Provides for concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to their area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by government regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans.
9. Take corrective and/or preventative action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Take preventative action based upon the regular review of quality assurance data to reduce variation and waste.
10. Participate in lean manufacturing activities and contribute to process improvements including product flow and process organisation/ layout
11. Support Customer concerns; prepare responses as appropriate to the customer. Process customer warranty claims and disposition product as required with agreement of the quality manager, assist customer at site if required.
12. Oversee various quality department tasks such as laboratory product analysis, customer PPAPs, (incoming/outgoing) inspection, IMDS and measurement analysis.
13. Assist production supervisor in the delivery of training and coaching of production employees.
14. Understand Customer Specific Requirements
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please submit your CV ASAP.