The SF Group are recruiting for an experienced Buyer to join an established team of 4. You will be reporting in to the Group Purchasing Manager and get plenty of support.
What will you be doing?
- Evaluating, selecting and developing suppliers based on quality, cost, availability and potential for long term close mutually beneficial initiatives
- Working closely with marketing to enhance current ranges whilst investigating prudent additions to range where applicable
- Negotiating supplier contracts
- Cost reduction through improved engineered solutions as well as more traditional methods
- Global supplier & trade exhibition visits
- Problem solving
- Reducing the total acquisition cost
- Regular management of the incoming products for our test facility
- Maintenance & updating of the Purchasing Database
Who will you be?
- Analytical problem solver
- Proactive approach
- Experience of overseas purchasing
- Ability to read technical drawings preferred but not essential
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Experience in the use of forecasting tools preferred
- CIPS qualified or appropriate proven experience
- An ability to communicate both orally and written at all levels.
- Automotive experience preferred but not essential
Monday to Friday: 9-5pm