Senior Finance Business Analyst
Senior Finance Business Analyst
Must have costing or inventory accounting skills
Purpose of the role:
To assist the Financial Controller in providing robust financial information and accounting control, and to provide effective and efficient analysis and support to the business.
To work effectively within the Finance Team and across the business.
This role may require indirect staff supervision of other members of the Finance Team.
- Assist the Financial Controller in developing and delivering robust financial analysis and control in relation to Operations and Cost Centre managers.
- Apply accounting knowledge (UK GAAP and US GAAP principles) to developing financial reporting capability and controls and to providing guidance and challenge to operational activity.
- Work with the Financial Controller and wider team to:
- Improve, develop and maintain key business systems (Oracle)
- Improve, develop, automate and replace the current Excel Modelling(s) with new robust integrated Excel Models.
- Develop robust procedures and work instructions, supporting the development and training of others
- Develop monthly analysis and variance reporting in support of cost centre managers and develop trustful and reliable financial partnership
- Complete all month end work in accordance with deadlines, providing insightful analysis
- Using Problem Solving Forms (PSF) techniques to analyse and find root causes
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Long Range Plan (LRP) and other regular forecasting requirements.
- Assist with compliance audits and process reviews, including maintaining own job specific task notes
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the finance team and support key activities and any other duties as requested.
Specific duties may include, but may not be limited to:
- Overall responsibility for product costing; including stock valuation.
- Assist the Financial Controller in automating Stock Accounting including improving the accuracy of Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and implementing any Finance process change.
- To provide key financial information for the operations team on costs, overheads and stock including all commentary on Cost/Price/Usage variances, project costs and stock valuation as well as market segment and product profitability analyses.
- To manage the capital spend application (capex’s) process and complete post audit reviews.
- Timely and accurate completion of month end management accounting duties.
- Ability to review, analyse, comment, adding value to financial data, as appropriate.
- Represent the Finance Department on cross functional initiatives in the business.
- Knowledge of Oracle system or similar MRP/ERP system
- Continuous improvement of Finance Processes and Systems (including Oracle)
- Team working with other members of the Finance Team and other Teams on site
- Business Partnering
- Knowledge of UK accounting principles and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) to part or fully qualified level (preferably CIMA or ACCA).
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the business.
- MS Office and advanced Excel skills including modelling.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.