Food Technical Assistant / Technical Writer Meat
Cordant Recruitment are working on the behalf of a leading food manufacturing business, recruiting for an experienced Food Technical Assistant / Technical Writer (Meat) to co-ordinate incoming work-load from customers, ensuring deadlines are met and communicated to relevant parties.
Do you have technical / specification writing experience within another food business, are you looking for a fresh rewarding challenge, if so this could be the role you have been looking for, please read on.............
Food Technical Assistant / Technical Writer (Meat) Role Overview:
* Specification writing (must have written technical specifications for food manufacturing before and have experience within technical team, product set up, customer new line forms etc..)
* Technical experience
* Manage specifications ensuring customer needs are met / adhered to at all times.
* Attend project meetings / NPD meetings when required
* To be able to set up and amend specifications label information and be involved with label sign off
* Play a central role in the Technical function providing administration and information to various internal departments
* Communicate with all departments within and outside the Technical Department as appropriate.
* To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
* To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation.
* Experienced in Technical Writing & Specifications Writing for Food Products
* Educated ideally to HND / Degree level in Science / Food based / Technical / Manufacturing subject
* Experience in retailer food specification and B2B food specifications information systems is essential
* Experience of BRC Global Food Standards criteria is essential
* Experience of Customer Codes of Practice
* Experience of working in a fast paced, chilled & cooked food manufacturing business (meat experience beneficial)
* Strong communicator at all levels of the business
* Must be a team player but also a self motivator with good organisational skills.
* Excellent computer skills
This role would suit someone who is in a position such as; Specification Writer, Technical Assistant, Technical Writer, Technical Specifications Writer, Specifications Technologist or NPD type role (must have some technical / specification wiring experience)
This role is commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Rushden, Thrapston, Kettering, Sywell, Irchester, Barton Seagrave, Burton Latimer, Isham & other nearby areas
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.