Design Librarian - Interior Design
A small high-end interior design studio in Central London are looking for a Design Librarian to help maintain and organise their materials and sample library. You will be helping to put together client presentations and assisting the design team.
What you will have;
· Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of AutoCAD. Also knowledge of creating CGI's and EstiMac/PC,
· Degree qualified in the design field (interior design, architecture, textiles, product design fashion etc.),
· Prior experience working with a design library and therefore knowledge of suppliers and contacts in the industry (ideally Asia and North America),
· Able to work in both metric and imperial measurements,
· Multi-lingual ideally, but not essential,
· Minimum of 3 years' experience with client interaction and in the design industry,
· A massive passion in design and fashion/ textiles,
· Able to create client presentations as and when needed, often at short notice
· Can work in a team, as well as on your own initiative and leading when needed,
· Prior experience in high-end interior design studio,
· Knowledge of Feng Shui beneficial.
The role will involve, but will not be limited to:
· Maintaining, organising and ensuring all books and samples are current and relevant,
· Sourcing new fabrics, furniture and finishes,
· Liaising with clients, suppliers, designers and architects,
· Sourcing, selecting and prioritizing books, samples and portfolios of works according to importance of projects and deadlines,
· Attending relevant events and trade shows,
· Creating and updating client presentations, sometimes at short notice,
· Supporting the design team and processing requests,
· Establishing relationships with suppliers and negotiating prices,
· Managing the borrow and return of books and samples,
· Training and monitoring interns.
Salary negotiable, depending on experience, but will likely range between £28,000 - £33,000. This company are known for creating high-end residential projects throughout the UK and overseas on some very luxurious and lavish projects, so this is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic and close-knit studio.