The Tenet Group is one of the largest financial services support groups in the UK and boasts over 25 years' industry experience. As a multiple award winning firm, we have a proven track record in working collaboratively with both Financial Advisers and Mortgage and Protection Advisers, to develop highly successful businesses within a strict regulatory framework.
We are currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant to be based in our Leeds Head Office at Horsforth, reporting into the Senior Regulatory Accountant. The key focus of the role will be to assist with the production of clear, compliant, accurate and timely financial information for specific business units and stakeholders.
This role will give exposure to a wide breadth of projects and accounting practices and procedures and will include study support if part qualified.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Production of accurate and timely control account reconciliations within specific business units.
- Assisting with production of monthly financial information to be distributed to relevant stakeholders
- Assisting with the production of statutory accounts ensuring a clear audit trail
- Assisting with budgeting, costing and forecasting in line with timetables for appropriate business unit.
- Liaising with business unit stakeholders in order to manage and service their reporting and accounting requirements
- Ledger maintenance and reporting from internal sales systems and platforms
- Project based activities such as spreadsheet reviews, ledger consolidation, reviewing and refining reporting methods including excel reports
- Ensuring ongoing professional development and competence requirements are met
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience within an accountancy based role, ideally management accounts, but we may consider applicants from other areas of the profession
- Experience of ledger maintenance, reporting, inputting of month end data relating to P&L and balance sheet
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory rules would be advantageous but is not essential
- Part Qualified as a minimum - CIMA or ACCA
- Desire to continue professional development and undertake further studies to become fully qualified
- Innovative approach to tasks and processes; with the ability to refine and streamline processes
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and processing skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills are required e.g. vlook up, pivot tables etc.
- IT literate across Microsoft suite of products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
This role offers the opportunity to join a dedicated, close knit team of friendly professionals and gain exposure to a broad range of business areas and accounting practices including professional development and funded study.
Competitive package dependent upon experience and qualifications plus comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, Pension, PHI, Life Cover and access to a flexible benefits platform.