Skills: Purchasing, Stakeholder relationships, Analysis, Negotiation
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm or 9am to 6pm
About the Company
A growing company with big aspirations, this company have been serving their clients for over 60 years and pride themselves on providing outstanding customer service, building strong client relationships and their willingness to help their customers.
What will your working week be like?
Working within the Purchasing Team, you will be responsible for maintaining your own portfolio of global suppliers. Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Raising and collating purchase orders (Suggested, Contract, Top Up and Backorders) for your portfolio of supplier accounts.
- Verify acknowledgments to ensure that prices, lead times and quantities are correct and to update our ERP system.
- Chase suppliers for delivery dates and update Merlin for items not received on time or acknowledged by suppliers.
- Check product availability on specific sales enquires.
- Build relationships with your suppliers and engage with them on new products, promotions and changes to existing products
- Monitor supplier performance in accordance with our supplier scoring process and feedback to achieve improvements.
- Liaise with warehouse and suppliers regarding incorrect items supplies and any delivery issues
- Maintain supplier records including all contact details for your portfolio
- Negotiate improved prices, terms and deals with suppliers.
- Monitor and provide statistics for supplier OTIF, lead time changes and suggestions for product review and rationalising of specific products or ranges
- Update our ERP system following price increases
- Import all new pricing into Merlin to schedule of increases
- Import all new SKU’s into our ERP system
- Advise Sales Manager/Director of any cost price increase that require sales price to be reviewed, including any that implicate a product sold at below/minus GP
- Check and validate price increases
- Monitor Market trends & Competitor Strategies
- Research & Evaluate areas of opportunity to reduce cost
- Stock analysis (Overstock & Understock products)
- Deliver weekly/monthly briefs, updates and reports when required
Who will suit this role?
To be considered for this position you will ideally be a graduate of business or mathematics and ideally hold CIPS diploma. In addition to this you will have the following skills and attributes;
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities
- Commercially & Financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and Accuracy
- Advanced Excel Skills
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Purchasing, CIPS, Analysis, Degree, Purchase orders
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.