Communications and Social Media Manager
A leading British industry association is looking for a Communications and Social Media Manager to join its team to lead all communications projects and implementation across the organisation. The focus of the role is to work with the members and partners to create and disseminate content to shine a positive light on the industry and the benefits of joining it.
The role works across many different audiences to turn policy and opinion into engaging stories, press releases, blogs, thought leadership reports and other forms of original content. The job holder will also be required to liaise with media and provide responses in relation to relevant government announcements. The successful candidate will have great written communications, digital and social media proficiency and excellent relationship building skills.
An awareness of policy, an ability to see the bigger picture and being able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders are all elements of the role.
- Leading on the communications strategy and implementation across multiple channels
- Working with spokespeople to craft stories that deliver key messages to various audiences
- Drafting content including CEO blogs, reports, web content and social media content
- Managing the website and social media channels, with a focus on key strategic priority campaigns
- Reporting and communicating relevant updates to stakeholders
- Analysing and reporting on social media and digital engagement
- Monitor media for issues and opportunities
- Leveraging data and industry intelligence for communications purposes (e.g. infographics, graphs etc.)
- Managing PR agency relationship
- Liaising with media and responding to relevant government announcements
- Supporting on industry events
Key skills and experience:
- Fantastic writing and content production experience
- Website and social media proficiency
- Strong experience of analysing and managing social media networks
- Skills in social media analytics
- Ability to evidence communications insight, evaluation and research responsibilities and successes
- Ability to work effectively across a wide range of diverse viewpoints to distill into a compelling message
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Strong networker and interpersonal skills
- Excellent self-organisation and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
In the first instance please apply below quoting reference LJ19787.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.