Reassurance Reconciliations Assistant
£23,000 - £26,000 p.a.
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 9 months
This is a 9-month fixed-term contract in our Finance - Reassurance team, to support their data processing activities.
Known internally as Reassurance Annuities Analyst and reporting to the Reassurance Accountant, you’ll work closely with external companies and outsourcers The main focus of your role will be to interrogate the integrity of data extracts received, which support requests for payment from our Reinsurers, and to investigate any anomalies and differences with our outsourcers through to a satisfactory outcome. You will also undertake monthly reconciliations of several payment requests / accounts which are based on annuities paid by the company and arrange settlements within agreed timescales. A keen eye for detail is required, as well as an ability to follow pre-defined processes which set out the main deliverables and deadlines for each process.
We are looking for:
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills and an ability to produce information for Reassurers and Outsourcers to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, including the use of V-Lookup formulae and an ability to filter large data files to focus attention on issues
- A willingness and ability to interrogate large data extracts to identify data integrity issues
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills; and
- A basic understanding of the main features and terminology of annuities would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Britain’s Top Employers and the UK's largest specialist consolidator of closed life assurance funds. Phoenix is a member of the FTSE 250 index with a premium listing on the LSE, 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the newly acquired Abbey Life, AXA Wealth and SunLife businesses.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 27th March 2017.