Project Manager - London - £60k
Structural & Architectural London based Steelwork Company looking for a time served Project Manager to Manage Projects on various sites throughout London. A Project Manager who thrives on a challenge, who has pride in their work and a passion for steel need only apply. As we are an SME, the pressure is often on to do the impossible and we base our reputation on our hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product with impeccable service. The successful candidate would have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow.
We are looking for the following qualifications for a Project Manager to be employed full time.
- IOSH would be an advantage
- Managers CSCS
- NVQ Level 7 would be an advantage
- Degree Qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering would be an advantage
- AP or Lifting Supervisor would be an advantage
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of steel and other products within the industry (Purlins, Decking, Metalwork’s, Temporary Steelwork, Structural Refurbishment Steelwork etc…)
- Excellent knowledge and ability to read structural drawings, connection details and specifications of various quality
- Ability to coordinate the Design; Production & Installation of Projects; fully understand the project requirements/scope of works/specification
- Ability to work to scope of works, budgets and programs
- Ability to manage the implementation of the IMS Procedures down the chain of management 12. ITP & Handover’s to be managed
- Ability to produce programs
- Ability to liaise with Clients site team and engineers
- Ability to manage a team of Site Managers ensuring successful projects to our clients and commercial success for ASME
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Pride in the role of Project Manager and all that means in the Construction Industry
- Ability to liaise with the company buyer, workshop and QS’s successfully working as a Team 19. High standard of admin will be required
- Ability to communicate professionally with Head Office & Company Directors
- Excellent organization skills and ability to plan ahead
- Excellent Negotiation Skills and ability to defuse high pressure situations
- Positive attitude to problems and dealing with staff of all levels
- Ability to multitask
- Take responsibility and be accountable
- Take Pride in the work with an eagerness to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work
- Appointment and control of sub-contractors in conjunction with the purchasing department. 28. Preparation & submission of fortnightly project status reports for all on and off-site activities. 29. Attend regular Company co-ordination meetings.
- Maintain accurate records to safeguard the Company’s contractual position.
- Receive and act upon client instructions.
- Attend client design and progress meetings.
- Monitor sub-contractors and suppliers by means of the Company KPI system.
- Take Responsibility for completion of the project in accordance with the contract program.
The company also offers a very attractive benefits scheme that will be discussed on each application.
Salary is between £50K-£60K per annum and is depending on levels of experience.