Test Automation Engineer
My client is a leading International technology group based in the South of County Durham. Reporting to the Quality Manager, my client seeks a Test Automation Engineer to join their electronics and automation department.
The Test Automation Engineerwill be responsible for supporting the design, development and manufacturing of all production test equipment. You will be tasked with the development of automation for test and manual assembly processes against site manufacturing and operational excellence procedures.
- Test equipment manufacture
- Development of automated (full and semi) manufacturing/engineering processes
- Technical analysis and problem solving
- Maintenance and calibration
- Training of staff in correct use of the equipment
- Documentation creation and management
- Assisting with site OE/CI plans
- Diagnostic support
To be considered for the role it is essential that you possess a minimum of an HND in a related engineering discipline, degree preferred. You will possess demonstrable skills and experience in both electronics testing and automation systems.
You must also possess experience of the following to be considered:
- Experience working within the electronics manufacturing sector
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of programming in C/C++, Visual Basic, Python
- Micro-controller/PLC test routines
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of using LABVIEW
- Knowledge, or experience working within, CI/Lean/OE based environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid UK passport or unrestricted VISA