Maintenance Engineer (Multi-Skilled)
Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skilled)
Location: Oldbury, Birmingham
Salary: £25,00pa - £30,000pa (Experience Depending)
Hours: Day Shift - 40 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced standalone maintenance engineer with both electrical and mechanical experience to be assist with pre-planned preventative maintenance, breakdowns and in addition when required, assist with the installation of new equipment and production lines.
As a well-established aluminium casting company, supplying into the automotive industry. Being primarily a sand casting and gravity die casting business at present however they are currently investing in an additional production line and a machine shop with a key focus of becoming a Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- The candidate needs to have an industrial maintenance background preferably having qualified via an apprenticeship route and will possess the requisite academic qualifications, Btec, HNC or equivalent.
- The Candidate must be able to demonstrate several years’ experience post apprenticeship working in an industrial environment in a production maintenance role and will have strong fault diagnostic skills.
- The candidate will have hands on experience on hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, drive systems and fabrication. Experience on extraction systems, overhead cranes and general machine shop skills is also desirable.
- The Candidate will have a good understanding of electric & PLC fault finding and rectification
- The candidate will be able to identify and select appropriate engineering materials and components for installation and maintenance.
- The candidate will be able to read and follow hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and engineering drawings with the ability to build, maintain, install and test such systems.
- The candidate will have the ability to strip service and rebuild pumps, gearboxes, bearing boxes, heat exchangers, cylinders and mechanical drive systems, and will be able to continuously demonstrate a high standard of quality workmanship and technical ability.
- The candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work under their own initiative or as part of a team.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Day Shift - 8am - 5pm
- Overtime is available
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Sam Kerby @ Am2pm or email your most recent CV