Internal Account Manager
An exciting opportunity for an Account Manager has arisen in Liverpool with a well-respected company in the metal industry. The role has arisen due to the company expansion they are looking for a hungry sales person to join their successful team. The team harbours over 200 years combined experience in the industry and have a track record of achieving.
- Meet or exceed the gross profit target from each allocated and non-allocated customer
- Achieve the product targets set for each allocated customer.
- Control stock levels of customer special items within the limits agreed.
- Respond to all customer enquiries in a professional manner and within the timescale agreed.
- Administer all customer orders efficiently and accurately
- Maintain and record accurate and easily accessible information for all customers.
- Obtaining enquiries from existing and potential clients
- Regularly review allocated accounts with External Account Manager or Sales Manager identifying the future tactics to secure or develop the business.
- Negotiate payment terms with existing and potential customers to try to improve the return on investment.
- Use the pool of non-allocated customers to win and develop business and eventually turn them into regular allocated customers.
- Identify available split by product for each allocated account.
- Agree call off orders in writing with an end date for final delivery.
- Regularly discuss and review with customers any contract call off orders rescheduling with suppliers where necessary.
- Regularly review the customer credit limit to ensure that the stock level and incoming stock are taken into account.
- Quoting customers for their requirements promptly and within the timescales agreed either converting immediately into an order or recording clearly for future reference.
- Sourcing material to satisfy orders or enquires within the timescales agreed.
- Following up previous quotations in an organised manner converting into order or establishing and recording the reasons why lost.
- Ensure purchase orders are progressed with suppliers to ensure customer's orders are delivered on time.
- Entering customer's orders into the computer system promptly and accurately.
- Place purchase orders, negotiating professionally.
- Enter purchase order details promptly and accurately into the computer system to ensure the customer's requirements and delivery schedules are met.
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly raising necessary paperwork without delay.
- Update and maintain customer records for all potential and existing customers.
- Keep up to date with market trends and news.