Interaction Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Pastry Chef on behalf of our client a busy Hotel in Cambridge. The restaurant focus on locally sourced ingredients and all food is fresh. The ideal candidate will have experience cooking imaginative food within a seven day operation - experience with pastry and a real passion for the sector. Ideally experience within an establishment holding a rosette or two.
You will have the relevant city & guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ 1,2 (minimum) and basic food hygiene qualifications, be conscientious, have good communication skills, be able to work alone and in a team, and be able to relate well to others. To be considered for the role the client are looking for the chef to have similar experience or experience as a senior chef de partie in a larger establishment/junior sous chef in similar environment.
The client is looking for the suitable candidate to start asap.
Duties Involved in the Role:
- To prepare, cook and present food for customers
- Undergo kitchen management including stock control, haccap and general office related duties
- Ensure that high standards are maintained in the quality of food, both as to its preparation and presentation
- Provision of food preparation cover within the kitchen; including preparation of food, ingredients and commodities in all areas throughout the kitchen, in readiness for cooking
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are adhered to
- Receipt and storage of provisions; monitoring stock rotation and ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly
- Provision of cover in the absence of other section Chefs
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To ensure that the cleaning schedule is adhered to
- To undertake further training when required
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
To apply for this role send your C.V to will blower or call /