National Account Manager (retail energy)
This is a Home Based role.
Are you a professional Account Manager operating within the highly competitive and complex major and strategic customer UK Energy market? Working for a major B2B retail energy supplier, this role is one of a small number of Account Managers who are key to maintaining relationships with their largest and most valuable customers and for developing new customers from the defined market sector. If you have a track record of developing a portfolio of flexible energy customers - apply today!!
- Achieve KPIs on margin growth, visits, cashflow and risk control objectives.
- Create and devise retention and acquisition strategies.
- Implement agreed strategies to develop relationships with Brokers and Consultants.
- Compile detailed sales reports on a monthly basis to accurately assess activity performed
- Monitor competitor activity to identify products/services aimed at major business customers
- Work to eliminate inefficiencies that detract from direct selling and customer management.
- Ensure contractual positions negotiated minimise risks to the business.
- Develop allocated Accounts portfolio in line with the overall requirements of the company.
- Manage gross margin expectations, devising retention strategies that maximise margins
- Develop an effective and targeted approach for profitable new business to provide net growth.
- Manage commercial risks in all contracts and ensure compliancy with all contract procedures
Skills and experience required:
- Graduate calibre
- Proven sales and negotiation skills with minimum 5 years’ sales experience
- Strong Customer focus with the ability to influence and have impact at boardroom level
- Senior commercial understanding and application
- Analytical thinker - numerate and accurate - able to solve detailed problems and use own initiative
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- PC literate (Spreadsheet and WP applications)
- Strong desire to achieve