Outsourcing Manager Central London - Top 50 firm
This firm has risen up the ranks of the Accountancy Age Top 50 + 50 and has impressive growth plans in place. Because of this stand out growth, they need a qualified accounting manager to lead and develop their current staff. Whether you are looking to develop into Partnership or hone your skills for a move to industry, this role will enhance your CV and drive your progression forwards.
Located in the heart of central London, this firm are in the hub of London life; providing you with the ability to not only work with impressive clients, but also to work in a desirable location with the bustle of the City around you.
As an employee at this firm you are constantly being developed and supported. You will be an integral part of the firm as they know that their staff are their future. This forward thinking structure is founded through their partner led culture, their varied work and their merit focused promotion structure. They recruit individuals with a passion for progression and aim to provide a supportive yet challenging position for all of their employees.
This Top 50 firm also pride themselves on quality of service. They have previously won awards such as Mid-Tier Firm of the Year and are a member of an international network. This membership provides staff members with the opportunity to work with exciting international businesses and get involved in cross border referrals
This role will provide you with hands on client contact and give you the freedom to manage and nurture your own client portfolio. You will be able to work with a wide variety of clients in sectors such as; media and entertainment, property, restaurants, professional services, charities, healthcare and private client. This position will also provide you with the opportunity to apply your staff management skills; mentoring and developing both seniors and semi-seniors.
Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Report to Partners directly
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Develop staff skills and expertise within the team
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Work within strict set deadlines and time frames
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600).
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's together with Tax computations.
- Motivation and encouragement of team
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level or equivalent with previous work in practice.
- Technically competent.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Display a neat and orderly work style
- Make a positive effort to achieve targets in difficult circumstances
- Consider the needs and skills of those under supervision; organising tasks and responsibilities
- Face tasks with drive and determination
- Create a motivational environment
- Constantly seek to achieve a high output of quality work
- Use initiative and take action without being asked
- Be confident in their abilities and seek to achieve high quality work
- Be able to multi-task, prioritise and communicate at all levels
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and accounts production software.
- Experience using Sage Line 50 and Caseware
This City of London based position will be paying up to £60,000 for the right person. You will have the opportunity to work with very varied clients based all over the world. You will be involved in staff development, review work as well as business advisory consulting.