As the Finance Analyst, you will be working under the direction of the Business and Systems Accountant, producing key financial reports and supporting business processes, such as producing accounts and procurement initiatives.
As post-holder, you will report directly to the Business and Systems Accountant and you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the preparation of monthly management reports, including variance analysis, and ensuring that accounts are accurate and produced to required deadlines;
- Posting all management journals, including all accruals, prepayments, Funding Body Income and Payroll;
- Assisting the maintenance of all finance systems;
- Managing all Inventory transactions for the Weston College Group;
- Compiling Asset Registers and performing internal audit functions;
- Providing an excellent level of customer service, acting as the first point of contact for budget support across all departments and faculties;
- Providing ad-hoc financial reports to faculties and departments;
- Maintaining online reporting facilities for the Group;
- Assisting with all year-end activities, including audit fieldwork preparation;
- Co-ordinating all departmental and faculty meetings for the Group;
- Actively seeking improvements to the electronic agenda and to streamline systems;
- Undertaking other duties within the Finance Department that is commensurate with the grade of the post.
In addition to the requirements of the post above, all members of the team are required to:
- Complete all associated organisational and administrative work;
- Participate in both internal and external staff development, as appropriate;
- Meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the College’s Health and Safety Procedure;
- Be prepared to operate on a flexible year as required. Members of the team will be expected to work out of normal working hours as required by the job;
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the grade of the appointment.
Management Spine Point F: £27,777.00 per annum.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The standard Weston College Contract of Service for Management Spine staff applies.
Hours of attendance: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
Annual leave: 318.5 hours (43 days) per annum, inclusive of statutory bank holidays.
The College reserves the right to direct up to 10 days of your annual leave entitlement for efficiency purposes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.