We are looking for a hardworking and committed Quantity Surveyor to do the day to day financial and cost control of one or more developments from award up to and including completion of client and sub-contract final accounts, recovery/discharge of all retentions and completion of archive material.
Based in South Yorkshire sites and reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor in Leeds office the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a proactive attitude towards achieving successful outcomes in the following areas:
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects/developments including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular PPR’s, all elemental reconciliations , cash flow forecasts, etc
- Effective cash management, including the pursuit of timely Applications/Certification/Invoices/internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of the need to cultivate effective/longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance.
- Keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub-contract through to finalisation, including, the release of retentions.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Managing Surveyor, that payments/notices are effected in accordance with the Sub-Contract and Construction Act and in particular, ensure any commercial threats to projects are identified swiftly and communicated to the Managing Surveyor.
- Contract Administration - attending monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Timely production of the main Subcontract final accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations and loss or expense issues.
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
- Form and develop relationships with Clients, PQS and Design Team.
- Assist with compliance of contractual obligations.
- Effective communication with project team.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Adhering to Service First principles and LIMS