Risk Assessment Solicitor
Our client, a highly reputable and award winning solicitors based in Southport (they will accept applications from within the UK from applicants who are happy to work remotely), is looking to appoint an experienced Risk Assessment Solicitor to join their existing Medical Negligence team.
You will be responsible to undertake the risk assessment duties listed and liaise with the Medical Negligence Management Team on all issues.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of handling medical negligence claims
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial perspective
- Identification of Capacity issues
- To risk assess new enquiries coming into the Medical Negligence Department.
- To accept at first risk assessment any cases which satisfy the 'acceptance criteria’ as set out in the firm’s policy document.
- To identify on risk assessment the relevant date of knowledge, record this in the case plan and record the reasons why the limitation period has been set to that date.
- Identify potential capacity issues & any other matters.
- Identify the correct client(s) in fatal cases
- Ensure that the date of knowledge is correct and amend if necessary, again stating the reasons for setting the date at that point.
- Advise on medical issues
- Management of own case load from start.
- Liaison with & training of Customer Contact Team.
- Liaison with Tier 1 re enquires in relation to file progression
- Refer to the compliance areas of specific or general risk are identified at any time, which need to be considered or addressed
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading firm in their field offering an attractive salary of between £45,000 and £60,000 dependant on experience plus an excellent range of benefits.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm, however they do offer flexi-time and the ability to work remotely.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Rob via Reed today.