Trainee Collections Officer (Credit Controller)
EllisKnight is excited to be recruiting a Trainee Collections Officer on behalf of one the countries most forward thinking and dynamic companies, whose Head Office is based in Oxford. This is a newly created position due to continued growth and you will be given full, comprehensive training and genuine opportunities to progress.
Upon completing your training, you will:
- Recover late payments by negotiating with customers who have failed to make payments as per their agreement
- Chase debtors, sort out payment plans, record payments and organise customer files.
- Communicate constantly, effectively and professionally with customers via outbound and inbound telephone calls, emails and written letters
- Work with the businesses core brand principles to help drive customer awareness and our member culture
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the company’s products and services, pro-actively promoting them at all times.
- Ensure you possess knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required to support the business
To be considered for this position, you should:
- Have a minimum 1 year’s work experience from an outbound call centre
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills, with an ability to build rapport quickly
- Be computer literate with good mathematical skills
- Have outstanding attention to detail and be curious, assertive, resilient and ambitious
- Be comfortable working independently, but as part of a wider team
Additional (but important) Information:
- This is a full-time opportunity
- Standard shift patterns are 9am to 5pm, 12 Noon to 7pm and 1 weekend in 4.
- This is a great opportunity for an ambitious trainee to develop the skills to be a Collections Officer and to build a career within the Financial Services sector