Procurement Strategy Lead - Ref: 1703-50
Role: Procurement Strategy Lead
Location: West London
Duration: long term temp assignment until 29th Sept 2017
Daily pay rate: up to £452 PAYE or £586 LTD co (equivalent £117.5k)
Job posting ID: 62053
Our client a Major FMCG company are looking for a Procurement lead to ensure input to and alignment with he creation of regional and global sourcing strategies.
• Develop and implement effective ways of working
• Ensure an appropriate communication strategy
• Develop the team and individual capabilities from both technical and behavioural aspects (including providing feedback for Category team members to their line managers)
• Align with appropriate Regional and Global category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners
• Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Support Regional and Global category lead in the creation and delivery of effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
• Ownership of tail management within the in-scope country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
• Challenge requirements and educate stakeholder to drive maximum contract and PSL compliance
• Build strategic relationship with a network of senior local/regional stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition.
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Build strategic relationships with key local suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships.
• Ensure local considerations are accounted global & regional supplier relationships.
• Influence category teams to ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global & regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make the company more responsive to business and customer needs in close collaboration with Global and Regional category teams
• Identify and manage significant risks in the local supply chain.
• Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted
• Experience of successfully leading teams within a country
• Expertise in Procurement processes is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing significant strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
• Experience in influencing strategy and managing across business units and interfacing with regional and global teams
• Experience in managing significant projects
• Stakeholder partnering, Performance management, Sourcing strategy development, Category management, Supplier Relationship management
• Enable & drive change, developing people, Building relationships
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.