General Manager - Leading health and fitness brand
£25 K - £30 K plus bonus (OTE £42 K) plus excellent progression
We have a fantastic opportunity working for a great health club (Gym) has recently become available in the Bradford area. We are looking to recruit a sales focussed General Manager who will bring experience and passion to a company that will provide you with constant support.
The club is filled with brand new/state of the art equipment and offers everything from cardio and weighted machines and a full range of free weights and functional equipment. This is one of the biggest health clubs in the area and provides the best value for money membership to the local community.
The role of a General Manager is multi faceted and you will have full responsibility for your club and all that it entails. You would also be involved in the open and closure and procedures of the facility. There are some areas that are extremely important and are areas that all of our successful Club Managers have in abundance, such as:
- People Management - you’ll need to inspire your team, develop them, lead them and create an environment where they can be awesome.
- Sales - you’ll need to ensure you are driving sales, training your team, leading by example and giving them the opportunity to be successful
- Standards - you’ll need high standards and a willingness to accept only the best of yourself and your team.
There are some skills that are extremely important and are essential for being a successful Club General Manager, such as:
- People management and leadership skills
- Sales and marketing
- High quality customer service
- Systematic and well organised
- Clear communication skills; Logical and consistent
- Business planning
I am extremely keen to speak to commercially minded managers who have got a passion for the health and fitness industry. Ideally you will have experience of managing a gym either as a General Manager, Club manager, Sales Manager, Deputy Manager or Assistant Manager. However, we will also consider candidates from other sectors including night clubs, retail, hospitality and commercial leisure.
If this sounds like you and you would like some more information, then please apply now and we can have a conversation.