Assistant Management Accountant
Working within the management accounts team, which is responsible for preparing the monthly accounts of all global operations, for review by commercial finance teams and senior management.
Our expanding client is a major employer in Bath and offer fantastic career prospects. This role provides an excellent opportunity to train towards a full professional-level accounting qualification and the candidate will be expected to play a key part of his/her training and development.
Working alongside the Commercial Finance and Group Finance teams, the Management Accounts team is responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and dissemination of the group's trial balances each reporting period, ensuring revenues, costs, balance sheet accounts, statistics and KPIs have been posted to the general ledger and reconciled in time for monthly, quarterly and annual review and group consolidation.
This primarily focuses on monthly journal posting and close processes, balance sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc projects. The Assistant Management Accountant will also be expected to help identify areas for process improvement and help deliver and implement necessary changes in the month end close process
The team is also responsible for completion of UK and international VAT and sales tax, National Statistics and other statutory and non-statutory returns and reports.
Key role responsibilities
Prepare and post a set of monthly general ledger journals to a tight deadline as part of the monthly accounts close process.
- Reconcile a portfolio of balance sheet accounts across the group on a timely basis every month.
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance team to help investigate any financial or reporting queries.
- Regularly communicate with other teams within finance and other departments to ensure smooth flow of financial information during the month end close process.
- Document procedures and assist in identifying and refining potential system and reporting improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of various national and international statutory and sales tax returns.
- Actively participate in own professional development and training, aiming to achieve full qualification within a reasonable period of time.
- Desire to work towards the CIMA or ACCA qualification;
- Willingness to learn and to be proactive in progressing own qualification.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of team and to work flexibly.
- Comfortable to work with a wide range of people across a business including non-financial managers.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and work to tight reporting deadlines
- Good Excel skills.
Basic Salary between £22000 and £27000 depending on experience
Full Study Support
Excellent benefits package