Senior Hand Therapist
A leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics in the country is seeking a Senior Hand Therapist to join their team of staff in London on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a view to go permanent.
- To provide hand therapy assessment and treatment with sound clinical reasoning to a high standard of excellence.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To promote a professional and caring environment, and contribute to the success of the upper limb services, the hospital and Healthcare.
- As part of the hand therapy team to assist Upper Limb Services Manager in the day-to-day organisation and development of the Upper Limb Services for Healthcare.
- To provide assessment and treatment of an excellent standard treatment within the scope of own current professional practice and training defined by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapist or the College of Occupational Therapists.
- To have expertise in provision of home programme activities for patients in a way that is clear, and to support the client in the implementation of these.
- To participate in the day to day management of the hand therapy department
- To work independently, with full responsibility of all day to day departmental duties
- To take full responsibility for hand therapy/ team communication via email & Collab and action as appropriate
- To assist in inventory management, stock replenishment and ordering of stock and consumables for the relevant sites
- To take full part in departmental activities, including 'In service' training and development, as well as attending departmental meetings, which may be at an alternative site from place of work
- To liaise with consultants/ physiotherapists /occupational therapists and other referrers regarding patients in their care. This communication includes written and verbal communication and feedback
- To assist in building and facilitating close working relationships with hand surgeons to facilitate both referral of patients from clinic coverage and a team/immediate referral framework where possible
- To liaise with new consultants and referrers such as GPs, physiotherapists, chiropractors and other practitioners/community parties to establish new working relationships and referral patterns
- As part of a new and expanding service, to have a role in business development, formulating and implementing marketing strategies in liaison with other team members and the Healthcare marketing team
- To participate in the training of new and associated staff.
- To adhere to policies and procedures and care pathways in place within Healthcare and participate in the establishment of these for Upper Limb Services to ensure consistency and quality of services
- To liaise with senior staff, the physiotherapy manager, the clinical specialists and upper limb services manager in the efficient management of the Upper Limb Services Department
- To ensure timely completion and safe record keeping of charge sheets, patient notes, discharged patient records, insurance claim forms and other documentation, and comply with policy and procedure as it pertains to record keeping and confidentiality.
- To maintain patient and business confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure that all patients are treated promptly, courteously, efficiently and effectively at all times.
- To maintain a tidy and safe working environment for hand therapy staff and patients.
- To be prepared to assist the Upper Limb Services Manager to market the hand therapy service via promotion and marketing events, lectures and presentations and to support departmental / hospital quality and marketing activities.
- To attend or complete all mandatory training.
- To use all established links in the NHS and privately to promote referrals to
- To suggest and initiate promotional activities
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists or Chartered Society of Physiotherapists as appropriate
- Membership of the British Association of Hand Therapists
- Postgraduate hand therapy experience
- Experience working as a cross skilled therapist (OT, PT and nursing roles)
- To demonstrate a specialist knowledge across the range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge and clinical reasoning or relevant practical experience.
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.