Supervising Social Worker
An established, recognised and successful Independent Fostering Agency and Charity are looking to recruit an experienced Supervising Social Worker to join their supportive and friendly team in their South London / Kent Office on a full time, permanent basis.
You will be covering the Kent area and some parts of South East London. This organisation is proud of the quality service they deliver to carers, young people and Local Authorities, where a strong emphasis is placed on safeguarding the well-being of all children placed with them through careful matching with their foster carers
To support, advise and guide carers in all aspects of their care of a child.
• To liaise closely with Social Workers from the placing authority, ensuring there is a two-way flow of information and that the agencies responsibilities are implemented.
- To provide reports when required e.g. Form F, for reviews, conferences and court.
- To participate in the agency’s on-call service.
- To undertake direct work with children and young people where necessary in accordance with the care plan. To where necessary undertake tasks directly on behalf of children and young people e.g. supervise contact, transport.
- To assess new prospective carers and contribute to carer training.
- To take referrals from local authorities and to arrange appropriate matching and placing of children in consultation with the Line Manager.
Please note this is a permanent position for 37 hours per week.
The role offers a salary of up to £32,000 - £38,600 including a car allowance and there is an opportunity to increase earning by taking on additional Form F’s or by participating in weekend training sessions (these are options not expectations)
For further information please or to apply for this position please send your Cv and contact details via this advert or through the Aurora Resourcing website.