Vehicle Technician - Part time - 27hrs + Benefits - Nottingham
My client is a leading Fleet management company looking to recruit a Vehicle Technician to their workshop in Nottingham.
Main purpose of role:
To undertake service and repair work on all types of vehicles in a safe and economical manner achieving the highest-possible standards of workmanship;
To accurately and skilfully undertake the repair of vehicles, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults, ensuring that all work is completed safely and to customers complete satisfaction;
To work effectively within the Workshop team to ensure industry-leading standards of customer care and satisfaction at all times.
Key Objectives and Tasks ?
- To service, adjust and repair all types of vehicles and equipment, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary, driving in a manner within the parameters of the law and road testing, using designated routes.
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of any additional defects found whilst carrying out instructed repair/s must be brought to a member of the Team Leader and/or Workshop Manager's attention, as soon as reasonably practicable.
- To order from the parts department all necessary replacement parts, ensuring prior authorisation, as per local procedures. All parts that have been ordered must be recorded on the job card. Any Parts not fitted to the vehicle, should be clearly recorded on the job card and returned to the parts department as soon as reasonably practicable.
- To ensure all job related documentation (job cards, parts orders etc.), including job write-ups, are clear and concise by specifying concern, cause and cure at all times.
- Collection and delivery of cars and LCV’s without company recovery vehicle ensuring that the vehicle’s tyres are checked for defects prior to vehicle movement and a vehicle condition & delivery sheet (form number 0038/VNL issue no.3) is fully completed detailing any vehicle damage.
City and Guilds National Certificate, NVQ level 3 or equivalent technical qualification
Service Maintenance Technician or above
MOT Testing - CLASS 7, 5, 4 qualification or be willing to work towards MOT testing qualification, if required