PQ Management Accountant - Retail
A rapidly expanding, premium retail brand is seeking an ambitious CIMA / ACCA studier to join its HQ based in Northampton.
The business has a very strong online presence and has grown exponentially over the last couple of years.
- Support the Financial Controller in the month end close and production of monthly management accounts for online business, including consolidation of other divisions into the Group results
- Review the results of the stores businesses in Channel Islands and France and ensure they are properly understood and consolidated into the monthly Group results
- Prepare and post accurate accruals and prepayments at month end
- Ensure all key month end postings are carried out on an accurate and timely basis
- Liaise with key budget holders in the business to ensure all costs are recognised correctly in the management accounts
- Ensure that all cost variances to Budget and Forecast are investigated and understood
- Ensure that key Balance Sheet accounts are understood and properly reflect the business operations - such as voucher provisions, stock, stock provisions, deferred income
- Prepare monthly cost centre reports and other ad hoc reports for key business managers and assist them with understanding of their reports and with day to day budgetary control
- Carry out ad hoc analysis of financial performance as needed
- Support the Director of Business Planning & Analysis with Budgets and Forecasts as needed
To be considered for this progressive job role, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Degree educated, with a strong academic background
- Part Qualified / Finalist CIMA, ACCA or international equivalent
- Solid management accounts production experience - ideally from a Retail, Wholesale, Consumer Goods or E-Commerce institution
- Professional, articulate, with impeccable communication skills; able to liaise with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Warm, friendly, engaging, with an enthusiastic personality and gsoh!
This is a phenomenal opportunity to progress your career within a leading cosmetics company during a huge period of growth and an incredibly exciting time in its history.