Service Delivery Payroll Manager
Job Title: Service Delivery Payroll Manager
Salary: up c£35.000 plus company benefits DOE
Our client is an established accountancy practice, due to a number of recent contract wins they are looking to recruit a Service Delivery Payroll Manager for a permanent position in Manchester
You will take responsibility for operational payroll activities for approx. 13,000 LTD company customers and 2,500 employees of our three Umbrella companies. Managing a team of 17 including 3 team seniors you will provide technical payroll support and leadership development.
Duties will include
- Oversee weekly Company Payroll, including weekly RTI submission
- Oversee weekly Umbrella Payroll, ensuring all employees are paid in line with SLA, including weekly RTI submission.
- Ensure completion of Quarterly and YE payroll submission for Limited Company customers.
- Take responsibility for process improvement,
- Provide a professional service to clients, identifying and implementing changes to processes which can be improved, removing any bottlenecks or risks
- Ensuring all payroll activities operate effectively and compliantly
- Maintain and update your own payroll and technical knowledge to provide technical support to the team and wider business on payroll issues.
- Co-ordinate the team in all aspects of the role to ensure that the service provided by the advisors adheres to the operational performance standards for quality and timeliness.
- Understand the current and future capabilities of the team, ensuring the team have the skills and knowledge to carrying out their role effectively, identifying any gaps and training needs and implementing the necessary training to address
- Regularly meet with Team Members via team meetings to ensure that staff are focused on delivering business objectives
- Manage and track punctuality and absenteeism, carry out return to work interviews and escalate to management instances of excessive or long term absence
- Carry out 121’s and annual Performance Reviews for all team members in order to set relevant objectives and to provide constructive feedback on past performance
- Carry out capability interviews in line with specified procedures to ensure that the department recruits the right person for the role
- Payroll related qualification, CIPP ( similar)
- Managed or supervised a team of 6 upwards
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, enthusiasm,
- Driven to provide a first-class customer experience
- Friendly, personable and passionate about what they do
- Display good judgement and self-awareness
- Have a pro-active approach to problem-solving and innovation
- Articulate their knowledge and experience with confidence
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and can adapt to change with ease
If you have the necessary skill set then please reply to this advert with an up to date CV