Payroll Manager - Guildford, to £50/55,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with aTop10 UK Accounting Firm who are continuing to enjoy strong growth across the whole of the UK. They are now seeking a Payroll ll Manager to join their growing team who will be responsible for co-ordination of payroll matters across all the UK offices on a national basis. Reporting to the Business Services Director, key duties include:
- Manage and take responsibility for the Guildford portfolio of payroll clients, including allocation of jobs and monitoring of capacity issues within the team. Looking after a portfolio of your own clients from the Guildford portfolio, including processing the payrolls.
- Handling the smooth handover and take-on of clients transferring from other offices, other accountants or for new start-up companies.
- Managing a team of 5 staff, including any problems arising / client issues / problems on payroll matters.
- Assisting the National Head of Business with marketing and promoting payroll services and business development opportunities
- Handling engagement letters and Anti-Money Laundering procedures for new payroll clients won.
- Addressing points in any reports issued from time to time, following an internal or external audit of the payroll services
- Reviewing how Monthly Payroll Processing Checklist and Controls should be updated to mitigate future errors
- Ensuring all clients have engagements letters on their payroll files
- Chairing the monthly National Payroll Managers meeting, discussing topics such as resourcing, problems, legislative amendments affecting payroll, solutions to matters etc.
- Reviewing work-in-progress for payroll clients on a monthly/quarterly basis to assess whether billing, provisioning or fee renegotiation is required.
- Ensuring that the Guildford payroll team complies with the payroll manual & procedures in place.
- Responsible for setting up technical training sessions with external training organisations, to ensure all payroll staff across the offices are kept up to date with developments affecting payroll
To be considered for the role you should have experience of working in a complex and high-volume multiple client payroll environment, with up to date knowledge of UK payroll regulations, year-end processes and payroll rules. Experience of RTI and auto-enrolment is essential, and ideally a background in another accountancy firm, payroll bureau or a multi-site/multi-payroll business operation. Strong staff management skills are required, and you should be able to take full ownership of all end-to-end payrolls within your own portfolio, be a self-starter and work under your own initiative.
On offer is a base salary to £50/55,000 depending on experience, healthcare & pension schemesand 25 days holiday. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, the Thames Valley & Midlands please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act