3D CAD DESIGNER - PERMANENT - SURREY
3D CAD DESIGNER- PERMANENT - SURREY
Our Client, a specialist supplier to the power and other industries, have an immediate need for a 3D CAD Designer to join their team at their offices based in South London/Surrey.
- HND or higher in Engineering or relevant experience
- Engineering experience or a proven ability to move successfully between different disciplines
- Good experience in design and drawing (2D & 3D)
- High level of competency of AutoCAD software through continued use and training
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office software
- Understanding and use of BIM
- Solving day to day CAD/IT problems
- Day-to-day trouble shooting
- Have a good understanding of Standards and Codes of Practice applicable to the Engineering industry.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Manage own time in order to deliver to programme.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to take on responsibility.
- Experience in setting up of BIM projects
- Good knowledge in 3D modelling tools applicable to chosen discipline
- Understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc etc.)
- Handling information flows between different software in a project, i.e. communication between software
- Create and manage discipline specific contents, families etc.
- Willingness to cooperate and share knowledge and experiences
- Good knowledge in several of the following software:
- Modelling tools
- AutoCad Design suite
- Civils 3D
Main Purpose of the Job
Our Client has an immediate need for a CAD Designer to join their busy CAD Department and support the delivery of work within the Power sector. This role will involve working for a range of Electricity Power sector clients on a diverse range of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Chief Draughtsman you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
- Preparing detailed working drawings, as required by the Chief Draughtsman, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
- Delivering technically correct outputs in 2D and 3D using CAD/BIM.
- Ensuring that delivered models have the right structure and content (in collaboration with the Chief Draughtsman).
- Complying with MEU’s Integrated Management System Procedures.
- Working to specific client drawing standards.
- Solving general IT problems within the Croydon office.
- Managing CAD licenses
- Other duties as required by the Chief Draughtsman.
Salary: c£35-£40K pa negotiable. A Company who is good to their staff and with whom we have worked for a number of years.
Benefits: pension, medical, dental, PHI and Life Assurance plus close to major train and bus routes