Third Party Claims Handler
£16,750 salary (based on a 35 hour working week)plus benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays or time off in lieu) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
What being a third party motor claims handler involves
When one of our customers has been involved in a motor incident with a non fault party, it will be up to you to contact the non fault driver to help put things right. Offering free vehicle repair in any one of our Accident Repair Centres, free vehicle hire and the support from our Bodily Injury claims teams if needed.
As part of our close knit team, you’ll be
- Answer a range of calls, from our customers- across many of our brands, including Direct Line and Churchill and build relationships with them
- Proactively contact non-fault third parties once a claim has been submitted to us -- highlighting the benefits of using our own accident repair centres and matching the appropriate services required
- Keep an eye out for any details that need further investigation. Including additional contact information or just listening for information than can support the claim
- Ensure customer records are up-to-date and accurately reflect your conversations with the customer
- Work with other teams internally, as well as third party suppliers, and keeping your customer up-to-date with any progress
Skills and qualities you’ll need
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. Broadly speaking, we look for:
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High degree of self motivation with a passion for selling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Empathy and understanding
- Problem solving skills and the ability to overcome customer objections
- Results driven and self-motivated individuals
- Good time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work
- IT skills - with the ability to learn how to use various IT systems
35 hour working week (shifts discussed at interview)
Shifts between Monday - Friday 08:00 - 20:00, Saturday 09:00 - 17:00, Sunday 10:00 - 17:00
Career benefits and rewards
Your work/life balance is really important to us. That’s why every single one of our people has the right to request work flexibly. We welcome applications for flexible working including, part time, reduced hours, variable hours, home working and job sharing. What’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.