An exciting opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our client, within the Meat/Food Industry. Experience of conducting reactive and planned preventative maintenance on specific industry equipment is essential.
You’ll supervise a team of 3 Maintenance Engineers, manage external contractors and liaise with management over projects whilst maintaining paperwork and records for audits. You will use your own initiative, be a proactive self-reliant individual and drive Continuous Improvement throughout the company.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri: 6am-4pm
Skills / Responsibilities:
- Carrying out Reactive maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- A solid background in carrying out Preventative Maintenance
- Arranging upgrades to equipment/machinery and training the staff appropriately
- Management of external contractors in line with company processes
- Industry relevant experience- Vacuum packers, Bandsaws, Bowl Choppers, Mincers, Ovens etc.
- Identifying energy efficient solutions and provide recommendations
- Installation and commissioning experience would be advantageous
- A strong Electrical/Mechanical Engineering background
- A recognised electrical / mechanical apprenticeship is desirable, not essential
- Experience within a food / FMCG / Manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience with refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics would be an advantage
- A calm and logical approach under pressure
- Personable and the ability to communicate to internally and to contractors