Our client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list being voted the best place to work in London.
Would you like to join one of the fastest growing teams in a newly created role in one of the best places to work in the UK?
This WFO Analyst role is to provide strategic planning of all work streams in our client’s Call Centre. To take an overview of the resources required to maximise productivity and minimise threats to service levels and sales output. Strong working relationships will be required with the management team and various support teams to meet the changing requirements of the business. Planning for changes in work patterns, investigating potential scenarios, and finding solutions to challenges that arise.
- Long term planning using the WFM, with support from the Resource Planning, Forecasting + BI Manager
- Maintain an overview, and assist in the planning of Call Centre recruitment, & overtime
- Plan for requested scenarios, including changes to working practice, investigate potential impacts of changes to work loads and processes
- Understand the cost implications of different resource scenarios, comparison to latest Budget targets and impact on costs versus sales.
- Overview of Call Centre activities such as new products introduction, Staff training sessions, quarterly briefings ensuring correct resource levels are maintained
- Highlight periods of low activity, and work with operational management on proposals for utilisation/reduction of surplus resource
- Make decisions regarding longer term, based on current trends and information, with input from Resource Planning, marketing and BI Analyst
- Create forecasts for relevant work streams
- Responsible for the planning of items such as Call Centre briefs, and training sessions. Liaising with presenters and Management for successful sessions
- Surface Intraday Analytics for use by team leaders regarding shift changes and short term requirements
- Authorise and negotiate Change of Hours requests, ensuring the relevant legislation and guidelines have been applied. Ensure forms are processed following the correct procedure and timescales
- Introduce new functionality in WFM platform to drive positive team experience
- Ensure Performance Management is supported through the effective planning of 1-2-1 time for agents and Team Managers
The Ideal WFO Analyst Candidate:
- Has previous experience of workforce planning in a call centre or similar environment
- Ability to respond quickly to deadlines & work on own initiative.
- Excel - Advanced level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management.
- Effective and confident communicator at all levels.
- Experience working with industry leading WFM software (e.g. Verint, Aspect, Injixo, Teleopti etc)
- Proactive problem solver; able to see big picture and streamline current processes
What’s on Offer
My client are looking for a WFO Analyst to join as a contractor. Please share the day rate that you would be looking for when applying.
There are also further benefits including
- Unlimited Book Allowance- great for reading up on sales, marketing and training or development
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day- there are 5 types of milk, yogurt, bread, eggs and seasonal fruit which you can help yourself to throughout the day!
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- A variety of sports clubs- all for free. For those who are competitive you can play football, ultimate frisbee and basketball just to name a few. There is also yoga with great sunset views across London.
- For those less energetic, there are also gaming and book clubs. For those who are musical, you can also join the choir.
- Although my client have great transport links to Kentish Town and Kentish Town West, they also offer a cycle to work scheme
- Family First culture, where you are able to achieve a genuine work/ life balance. My client also host events for families including a great children’s christmas party.
- Regular social activities, including new starter drinks, regular Lunch Sessions where you will get to listen to an inspirational talk with free food, free lunch on the day of my client’s monthly company meeting and regular team nights out.