Salary circa 18-20k dependent on experience
Hours are 7.45am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45am - 1.00pm on a Friday
Responsible for buying materials to satisfy customer orders when required.
Keep System information accurate and up to date with all processing carried out in real time.
Ensuring regular monthly excel stock holding reports are produced for Customer Account Managers.
Reporting KPIs to the Managing Director.
• Responsible for purchasing activities for sales orders to required targets, best value, time scales and customer delivery schedules.
• Setting up new product codes, BOM’s and inputting works orders onto the stock system.
• Stock System to have accurate and up to date information.
• Stock control, inventory management including quarterly stock take, value and replenishment.
• Managing paperwork to satisfy accounting audit trail as in process.
• Feeding back information with regard to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)Selecting suppliers with regard to cost and value and in line with ISO.
• Liaise with Laboratory in material approval and selection.
• Liaising with the Accounts Administrator for payment coordination.
• Assisting with Supplier complaints - all NCR’s to be dealt with in a timely manner.
• Liaison with sales office and production planning for product delivery promises.
• Reviewing customer prices on a regular basis.
• Suppliers to be advised of label specifications, winding and reel requirements.
• All raw materials to have specifications and CofA’s/MSDS Safety Sheets.
• Supplier component process, including supplier call-off orders, scheduled orders, collections, goods in.
• Processing of supplier returns, re-deliveries and exchanges Implementation of production process, to include works orders, bill of materials and max/min stock levels.
• Responsible for component deliveries and alerting for the off-loading of vehicles, checking component deliveries and specification conformity.
• Establish priorities for specific customer orders, revise Spend.
• Delivery dates against Sales Orders.
• Supplier performance.
• Controlling supplier non-conformity through corrective action and prevention.
• Involvement in customer and supplier complaint procedure and resolution.
• The role has a statutory duty for health, safety and welfare and as such will be responsible for themselves and all others including visitors to the business.
• Assist with all office administration.
• Highlight any anomalies (delivery dates/prices/changes in specs) as they occur.
Knowledge & Experience
• To be able to communicate with individuals at all levels both internally and externally
• To be able to deal with company information professionally, discreetly and confidentially.
• Numerate and accurate with specific attention to detail.
• Strong organisational and negotiating skills and abilities.
• Good written and communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills, capable of working with different business functions.
• Strong business purchasing skills with a sound understanding of core technical areas within the business.
• Microsoft Excel (good understanding required), Word and bespoke operating stock systems.
• A minimum of at least 3 years working with the understanding of all aspects of a sourcing/buying/stock control department/role.