This global distributor is seeking to recruit a Finance Director to lead their Luton based EMEA Division. The role would suit either an experienced Finance Director or seasoned Financial Controller (looking to move into a Director position) with broad commercial exposure and significant management skills gained from within a similar medium sized business.
As Finance Director you will lead the businesses’ overall finance function and oversee wider commercial aspects of the EMEA Distribution arm, to include the Luton based warehouse operation. Heading up Finance, IT and Warehousing, this is very much a hands-on role, responsible for the monitoring and accurate provision of all related financial data and statutory returns for the EMEA region, whilst proactively leading the respective teams to deliver effective solutions that improve and enhance finance and other commercial processes.
- Analysis of complex financials and reports
- Creating performance metrics
- Monitoring budgets, forecasts and logistical expenses
- Monitoring cash management and availability
- Overseeing the monthly and annual reporting cycles
- Cost reduction and continuous improvement projects
- Developing and implementing business intelligence tools
- Coaching and mentoring existing team members
- Liaising with external partners, banks, auditors and other stakeholders
- Managing a team of 9 (including 2 in IT)
- Reporting on logistics and distribution financials
- Spearheading Operational Excellence
- Routine reporting and KPI measurement
- Presentations and reporting packages
- Overseeing financials relating to logistics freight payments
Applicants must be qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, technically strong and with advanced MS Excel skills. The ideal candidate will have extensive relevant experience from within an SME environment, possess excellent demonstrable leadership and management skills, along with wider commercial acumen and the ability to creatively develop structure, whilst working with a team in a hands-on capacity.
On offer in return is a basic starting salary of c£70,000 - £75,000 per annum, along with pension, Bupa, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday entitlement (plus statutory bank holidays).