Facilities Engineer (Supervisor)
Facilities Engineer (Supervisor)
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Facilities Engineer for a well established, prestigious, land mark building in the centre of Chichester, West Sussex.
This is a key role in the organisation and will involve dealing with staff throughout the organisation, sub-contractors, professionals and the public.
The Facilities Engineer (Supervisor) will be responsible for the interior and exterior of all buildings. They will be responsible for the PPM maintenance activities relating to all fixed assets within all areas. This will include, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical aspects of both planned and reactive maintenance and servicing works and systems under the ownership of the business and the delivery of all business critical services and day to day facilities maintenance. To work closely with all operational teams to ensure the buildings are working in line with the program.
- Ensuring all buildings, plant and equipment are kept in good condition and operational at all times.
- Responsible for site specific, periodic and statutory documentation and ensuring they are kept up to date at all times.
- Responding to emergency situations and coordinate all incident/accident responses and reporting in line with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planned and reactive maintenance of all buildings, plant and equipment.
- Provide site cover during holiday and sickness leave for duty engineers and Facilities manager
- Deputise in the absence of the Facilities Manager due to training, holiday and sickness leave
- Carry out planned preventative and reactive maintenance of all buildings and associated assets under the control of the business to ensure all services are in good working order as required
- Undertake small work repairs, installations and fault finding on various electrical and mechanical equipment and additional works that fall outside routine daily activity
- Host and assist external contractors providing monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual services
- Liaise closely with all departments on any building works/project that may impact on infrastructure or operations.
- Carry out periodic water treatment inspections as specified in the water treatment manual
- Carry out routine PPM maintenance to AHU, FCU, MVHR and A/C units and filter replacement
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Carry out routine and periodic checks in accordance with the statutory requirements and Health & Safety policy.
- Carry out routine testing of the Fire Alarm System and associated systems in accordance with the Fire Log book
- Undertake monthly testing of the emergency lighting system, and report findings in accordance with the emergency lighting log book
- Provide clear and effective communication at all times to ensure the smooth running of the business
- To participate in an out of hours call out on a weekly rota basis
- Participate in the training and mentoring of apprentices.
Essential qualifications and knowledge
Proven experience of working in a similar role.
A competent track record of operational and technical aspects of buildings and services across multiple disciplines.
A BTEC, City and Guilds, HNC or HND or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Electro/ Mechanical Engineering.
Proven knowledge of electrical engineering, air handling systems, chilled water systems, gas systems and ground source heating/cooling.
Working knowledge and understanding of Trend building management systems.
Understanding of Lutron and Dali lighting systems.
Capable of working within a customer focused environment where customer satisfaction is essential
Demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels and when working with other departments and contractors
Effective problem solving with the ability to achieve pragmatic solutions.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Have a flexible approach to work within a small team with a track record of keeping calm whilst working under pressure
Experience in areas such as COSHH, IOSH, Manual handling, risk assessments and method statements
PASMA and/or IPAF licence
Full UK Drivers’ Licence
Interest in sustainability and efficiency
£26K - £28K pa d.o.e.