Building Services Manager - Top 25 Main Contractor (South West)
Our Client is a Top 25 Main Contractor with an annual turnover in excess of £1bn and an impressive portfolio of prestigious major projects nationwide. We are looking for an experienced Building Services Manager to work on new build and fit out project work across a variety of sectors in the South West region. You will be No.1 for all things M&E, with the ability to oversee installation on high value new build and refurbishment projects, from initial design conception, through to installation and commissioning.
- Assisting with Sub Contractor procurement.
- Attending all prestart meetings reviewing the specification and drawings, ensuring that any design issues, programming issues and co-ordination issues are identified and resolved before going to site.
- Accessing MEP engineers' workloads and assign the most suitable candidate to the project.
- Carrying out regular review meetings with the MEP engineers and project managers monitoring progress against program, identifying risks, and assisting where required.
- Providing input for progress reports that are to be presented to the professional team.
- Attending the client progress meetings when required.
- Managing Sub Contractors to ensure quality and programme targets are met.
- Co-ordinating testing, commissioning, witnessing & demonstrations to Consultants, Building Control and End Users as required.
- Providing aftercare where necessary.
- Minimum 12 years post qualified.
- Degree educated in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Previous BSM experience on projects up to £15m in value.
- Good design / value engineering experience.
Our client offers challenging project work, career development opportunities and highly competitive salaries and packages. If you would like to apply for this position e-mail your CV to James Darby.