We are looking for a full-time, resourceful Restaurant Manager at our award-winning, Gastro-pub. The Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Experience is essential, as is a high level of professionalism and a keen interest in the food and beverage industry. Applicants must have strong people skills, and be willing to work both solo and as part of a team. Experience in a supervisory/managerial position is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the entire restaurant/hotel operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house
- Delivering superior guest services and ensuring absolute customer satisfaction
- Responding efficiently to customer complaints
- Organisation and supervision of shifts
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Track compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Control costs and cut waste
- Successfully promote and publicize the brand
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example as restaurant supervisor
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, and confidence and poise are expected. This is a fine dining and luxury establishment, so candidates should be able to conduct themselves in a discreet, calm and well-presented manner.
Hours are flexible so applicants should expect to work evenings, weekends and split shifts.
For the right applicant, this will be a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
Given the rural location of the restaurant and shift patterns, own transport is essential.