Sous Chef/ Junior Sous
We are a newly refurbished, 4 star boutique Hotel Restaurant on the seafront in Folkestone. Opened in August 2016. We have already become very well established in the surrounding area, gaining lots of praise from people around Kent.
Our concept is a traditional British menu with seasonal specials.
Looking for a pro-active, upbeat and enthusiastic Sous Chef/Junior Sous who wants to be a key part of a friendly, family run business with the vison to grow.
If you are a chef with some management experience, who is looking to develop into the next stage as a Head chef, this opportunity is perfect.
Yearly salary- up to £25,000 depending on experience.
+ Weekly Cash Tips and Monthly Card Tips
Full uniform and Staff Meals are provided.
*As a Sous chef your duties would include:*
* Planning menus alongside the Head Chef
* Advising on kitchen service flow
* Making sure food is of the highest quality and best price and is produced on time.
* Managing stocks of food
* Ordering food from suppliers
* Controlling a budget and keeping accurate records
* Managing health and hygiene procedures
* Organising the staff duty when Head chef is not present
* Assisting to recruit, train and develop a kitchen team
*Spotlight on Personality*
* - Thorough and well organised.
* - Excellent interpersonal skills.
* - Good Financial Management.
* - Proactive and Decisive.
* - Attention to detail and quality
* - Guest orientated and service minded
* - Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure
* - Listening and communication skills
Take a look at our current menus on our website.