Scrub Nurse / ODP
Registered General Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner
Up to £29,000 per annum (Band 5)
A private hospital situated in Edinburgh is searching for a Registered Nurse (RGN) / Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) to join their experienced and professional Theatre Department within scrub/circulating capacities.
37.5hrs per week
This specialist facility requires you as a Scrub Nurse/ODP to provide effective peri-operative assistance for elective surgeries & NHS referrals.
As a Scrub Nurse/ODP you are offered:
- Up to £29,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover
- Wellness screening
- Eyesight tests
- Childcare vouchers
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work gym membership
- Transport season ticket loans
- Free on-site parking
The hospital encourages and supports staff who are seeking to specialise within a certain surgical practice and welcomes multi-skilled applicants capable of adapting to the needs of the department.
What the Scrub Nurse/ODP role requires of you:
- A valid/relevant healthcare registration (RGN/ODP).
- Previous experience within surgical, theatre, scrub and circulating capacities.
- To deliver at all times high quality care by assessment of patient need, implementation of care and evaluation of progress/outcome, in line with national and corporate standards.
- To work co-operatively with medical staff and other member of the multidisciplinary team in order to ensure positive outcomes for each patient episode.
- To be actively involved in research projects in support of clinical practice, and participate with management in the conceptual development of surgical practice, including the development and formulation of evidence-linked multidisciplinary care pathways.
- To assist in the formulation of procedures and standards, and to participate in clinical and organisational audits for the maintenance and development of a quality service.
- To ensure that advice and information given to patients and/or relatives is appropriate and meets their needs.
The hospital is part of a larger private healthcare group that provides a variety of specialist services across the UK and is recognised for its high quality delivery of surgical, post-operative and rehabilitation care.If your experience matches please forward your CV immediatelyWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy