Senior Quality Engineer
Our client, a global, award winning and innovative Design & Manufacturer is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join them. The in-house team, consisting of engineers provide cutting-edge design, electronic, software, mechanical, chemical and physics expertise and are unrivalled in their industry.
Overall Job Function:
· To support the Quality Manager in achieving effective QA / QC activities of the company, reducing defects and improving customer experience.
· An initial primary focus will be on supplier quality, internal auditing, calibration and continual improvement across materials, manufacturing and production quality.
Key Result Areas:
· Implementing company-wide goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems related to both QA and QC, ensuring that performance targets are achieved.
· Working with the wider engineering team to implement quality procedures, tests and operating practices that are clearly understood by all stakeholders, including development of KPI information and performance evaluation.
· Identify root cause and propose supplier manufacturing controls or production redesign where applicable.
· Enable the reduction or elimination of poor quality by creating mutually agreed test and acceptance criteria.
· Assist / develop the Company’s quality performance by gathering relevant supplier, customer and product data, by utilising the business ERP
· Conduct, monitor and ensure close-out for various audits
· Manage the calibration process.
· Improvement of the Inspection process
· Role will deputise for Quality Manager.
• Science / Engineering degree or equivalent
• Quality Management qualifications or 6- 8 years’ experience
• Second language useful
• Prior experience in comparable Quality Engineer / Manager role within a manufacturing environment
• Experience of managing small teams
• Experience in the implementation of ISO 9001 standards
• Experience of working at a senior level and interacting with customers
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Knowledge of international business and regulations
• Technical competence in electronic and mechanical injection moulded portable equipment
• Comprehensive understanding of quality systems
• Developed commercial acumen
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well across disciplines and departments
• Good communicator and influencer
• Good people management skills
• Target orientated - a "can do" attitude
• Team player, energetic and hands-on
• Natural leader, inspirational
• Self-motivated, confident
• Organised, efficient, clear thinker
• Leads by example, taking the initiative